Next week we celebrate International Women's Day. The first International Women's Day was celebrated in 1911, so this year marks the centenary of this day of global celebration for women's economic, political and social achievements.
Here are some gender facts that will get you thinking:
- Of 1.2 billion people living in poverty worldwide, 70% are women
- 80% of the world's 27 million refugees are women
- Women own around only 1% of the world's land
- Only in Japan and Peru are women more active in starting a business than men
- Women do two-thirds of the world's work but receive only 10% of the world's income
Now watch this video in which James Bond is challenged by M to think about gender inequality.
Tell us what you think by leaving a comment.